Solid State Battery Market size was valued at $47.20 Billion in 2022, and is projected to reach $177.42 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 18%.
When compared to traditional Li-ion batteries with liquid electrolytes, solid-state batteries are safer, have higher energy densities, and are more stable.
A solid-state battery is a type of battery that uses solid electrodes and a solid electrolyte rather than the liquid or polymer gel electrolytes found in lithium-ion and lithium-polymer batteries.
These batteries are also divided into three categories based on their capacity: 20 mAh, 20 mAh to 500 mAh, and 500 mAh and above.
Consumer electronics, electric vehicles, energy harvesting, medical gadgets, smart cards, and wireless communication are just a few of the uses.
Solid-state batteries, which use solid electrodes or electrolytes instead of the gels and liquids used in lithium-ion alternatives, have a lot of potential for energy storage, and industry firms and academic institutes are working hard to bring the cutting-edge technology to mass manufacturing.
Many startups are developing solid-state battery technology, but only a handful are likely to bring it to market without the help of partnerships or licencing agreements. Large businesses including Samsung SDI, Panasonic, and Toyota are demonstrating prototype batteries and are expected to bring solid state batteries to a wider market for use in electric vehicles and consumer electronics products.
Global Solid State Battery Market- Segmental Analysis
- Robert Bosch
- Toyota Motor
- Solid Power
- Excellatron Solid State LLC
- Blue Solutions
- Prologium Technology
- Sakuu Corporation
- Samsung SDI Co Ltd
- Factorial Energy
- NGK spark plug
- Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd
- Qing Tao Energy Development
- Dyson Ltd
- Prieto Battery
- Storedot Ltd.
- LG Chem
- Ioniq Materials
- Catl (Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited)
- SK Innovation
Based on Type
- Multi-Cell Battery
- Single-Cell Battery
Based on Rechargeability
- Secondary Battery
- Primary Battery
Based on Capacity
- Below 20 mAh
- Between 20 mAh and 500 mAh
- Above 500 mAh
Based on Component
Based on Application
- Consumers Electronics
- Electric Vehicles
- Energy Harvesting
- Medical Devices
- Wireless Sensors
Based on Region
- North America
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Some Points from TOC
- Introduction and market overview
- Trends, outlook, and factors analysis
- Executive summary
- Estimates & historic trend analysis (2018 to 2021)
- Estimates & forecast trend analysis, by lens type
- Estimates & forecast trend analysis, by product type
- Estimates & forecast trend analysis, by application
- Estimates & forecast trend analysis, by distribution channel
- Global Solid State Battery market analysis and forecast, by region
- North america Solid State Battery market: estimates & forecast trend analysis
- Europe Solid State Battery market: estimates & forecast trend analysis
- Asia pacific Solid State Battery market: estimates & forecast trend analysis
- Middle east & africa Solid State Battery market: estimates & forecast trend analysis
- Latin america Solid State Battery market: estimates & forecast trend analysis
- Competitive landscape
- Assumptions and research methodology
- Conclusions and recommendations
Impact of COVID-19
The worldwide economic recovery has slowed as a result of the pandemic outbreak. A considerable amount of production has halted as a result of disruptions in the raw material supply chain. Manufacturing centres have either been shut down due to lockdown in various nations or are not working at full capacity.
Furthermore, stock prices in the solid state batteries chargers market are being influenced by similar movements. One of the most affected sectors where solid state battery producers are looking for new prospects is the automobile end-user.
As a result, such factors are impacting market growth, and demand for solid state batteries has decreased by 20% in the first half of 2020. However, key limitations in China have been largely relaxed as of April 2020
Key Questions Answered in the Report:
- What is this Market Report?
- What is the Value of Revenue Generated from Global Solid-state Batteries Across the Globe? At What Rate is the Demand Expected to Grow for the Next 5–7 Years?
- Which Type Category Held the Major Share of the Market in 2021?
- Which is the High-growth Application Segment of the Global Solid-state Batteries Market?
- What are the Key Factors Supporting the Growth of this Market? What are the Major Opportunities for Existing Market Players and New Entrants in the Global Solid-state Batteries Market
- Who are the Major Players Operating in the Global Solid-state Batteries Market?
- Which Regions/Countries are Likely to Offer Significant Growth Opportunities for the Vendors in this Market During the Analysis Period?
About We Market Research:
WE MARKET RESEARCH is an established market analytics and research firm with a domain experience sprawling across different industries. We have been working on multi-county market studies right from our inception. Over the time, from our existence, we have gained laurels for our deep rooted market studies and insightful analysis of different markets.
Our strategic market analysis and capability to comprehend deep cultural, conceptual and social aspects of various tangled markets has helped us make a mark for ourselves in the industry. WE MARKET RESEARCH is a frontrunner in helping numerous companies; both regional and international to successfully achieve their business goals based on our in-depth market analysis. Moreover, we are also capable of devising market strategies that ensure guaranteed customer bases for our clients.
We Market Research