The global Fingerprint Sensor Market was worth USD 3.9 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 10.9% over 2022-2030, thereby amassing a valuation of USD 8.88 billion by end of the stipulated timeline.
Technology-based tools used to identify and verify a person’s fingerprints are referred to as fingerprint sensors. These sensors carry out the fingerprint authentication process using a light-sensitive microchip. These technologies automatically evaluate the photographs that are captured. Then, using advanced pattern matching algorithms, the virtual image of the fingerprint is converted into a distinct code.
The biometric security system’s fingerprint sensor reads a person’s fingerprints, which are subsequently used to confirm that person’s identification. It records high contrast fingerprint images as fingerprint minutiae and turns them into digital code. The fingerprint sensor may be easily implemented into a variety of devices and is quick, dependable, practical, and affordable. As a result, it has applications in a variety of industries throughout the world, including consumer electronics, government and law enforcement, aerospace, healthcare, defence, and banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI).
Area, touch, and swipe sensors are the three basic categories of fingerprint sensors. The image of the finger that is placed over the region and touch sensors is captured and recorded. The numerous technologies use various sensor technologies including 2D and 3D technology and include capacitive, optical, thermal, and ultrasonic. These are utilised in a variety of industries, including consumer electronics, government, law enforcement, the military, aerospace, and the fields of travel, immigration, banking and finance.
Global Fingerprint Sensor Market- Segment Analysis
Top Key Players:
- Fingerprint Cards AB
- Apple Inc.
- Egis Technology
- Next Biometrics
- Novatek Microelectronics
- Q Technology
- CMOS Sensor Inc.
- ELAN Microelectonics
- ID3 Technologies
- IDEX Biometrics
- Japan Display Inc.
- OXI Technology
- Sonavation Inc.
- Touch Biometrix
By Sensor Technology
- Area and Touch sensors
- Swipe Sensors
- Piezoelectric Materials (Quartz)
- Pyroelectric Materials (Lithium Tantalate)
- Coating Materials
- Authentication System in smart device
- Attendance recording system
- Access Control systems
- Biometric system
- Digital locks
- Biometric Smartcards
- Financial card
- ID Card
By End use
- Consumer Electronics
- USB flash devices
- Travel and Immigration
- Government and Law Enforcement
- Banking & Finance
- Smart Homes
- Home security
- Consumer appliances
- Military, Defense, and Aerospace
Table of Contents
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market Introduction and Market Overview
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market – Executive Summary
- Fingerprint Sensor Market Trends, Outlook, and Factors Analysis
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market: Estimates & Historic Trend Analysis (2018 to 2021)
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis, by Deployment
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis, by Component
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis, by Content Type
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis, by End Use
- Global Fingerprint Sensor Market Analysis and Forecast, by Region
- North America Fingerprint Sensor Market: Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis
- Europe Fingerprint Sensor Market: Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis
- Asia Pacific Fingerprint Sensor Market: Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis
- Middle East & Africa Fingerprint Sensor Market: Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis
- Latin America Fingerprint Sensor Market: Estimates & Forecast Trend Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Company Profiles
- Assumptions and Research Methodology
- Conclusions and Recommendations
Impact of Covid-19
The COVID-19 pandemic hasn’t had much of an effect on the market expansion for fingerprint sensors. Due to the temporary closure of production facilities, the COVID-19 epidemic has, from a regional perspective, significantly hurt the export-oriented economies. Since China and Italy account for the majority of global vehicle commerce, the German automotive industry, for instance, has been seriously impacted. In addition to difficulties with imports and exports, the German industrial sector’s expansion has been slowed by the shutdown of factories and a halt in production in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Major smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, and Xiaomi stopped producing phones for more than 30 days as a result of the lockdown that was in place. The fingerprint sensor industry is anticipated to pick up steam over the following two quarters as lockdown regulations loosen in a number of APAC nations. Consumer electronics, which includes items like cellphones and smart homes, have evolved from being a luxury to a need. The production of this sector, which includes wearables, laptops, desktops, and other appliances, was negatively impacted as a result of supply chain disruptions worldwide, especially in China, the main hub of OEMs in this sector. However, from the standpoint of consumers, there is an increase in the use of smartphones and other devices, which
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Which are the major industries in this market? How big is the opportunity for their growth in the developing economies in the coming years?
- Which are the major companies in this market? What are their major strategies to strengthen their market presence?
- Which are the leading countries in this market?
- Which industry is expected to witness significant demand for this market in the coming years?
- How will COVID-19 impact on the penetration of this market?
About We Market Research
WE MARKET RESEARCH is an established market analytics and research firm with a domain experience sprawling across different industries. We have been working on multi-county market studies right from our inception. Over the time, from our existence, we have gained laurels for our deep rooted market studies and insightful analysis of different markets.
Our strategic market analysis and capability to comprehend deep cultural, conceptual and social aspects of various tangled markets has helped us make a mark for ourselves in the industry. WE MARKET RESEARCH is a frontrunner in helping numerous companies; both regional and international to successfully achieve their business goals based on our in-depth market analysis. Moreover, we are also capable of devising market strategies that ensure guaranteed customer bases for our clients.
We Market Research